FEEL BETTER • MOVE BETTER • LIVE BETTER
We humans are designed to move! To move freely, fluidly, and efficiently. Inside our bodies and in our world.
• Myofascial Release Approach™ – JFB-MFR
• CranialSacral Therapy – BCST/CST
Body Intelligence & Upledger
• Breathwork &
My fascination with fascia began 20 years ago. After two decades of sports injuries and years of pain, I had an 'ah-ha' moment!
All those times I'd fallen off my horses, skis, snowboard, and mountain bikes, were not incidental. With muscles of painful concrete, that no doctor could explain, myofascial release was the first relief I’d had in years! My healing journey eventually brought me to John F. Barnes approach Myofascial Release™ (MFR). With a background in Structural Integration and movement, for many years, I found my specialty in the profoundly effective fascial-structural therapy of Myofascial Release. But there was more to learn about our body-mind-spirit...
In addition to the Myofascial Release program, I've completed a two-year Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy Training (BCST), and am currently training in the Upledger method of CST. Mixing healing bodywork with my passion for movement (ah la Yoga, Yoga Tune Up®, DNS Breathwork, Applied Functional Movement, Foot and Gait, and more), I have no intention of stopping this fabulous learning journey. I continue to explore the body’s healing potential with an East-meets-West belief system. I've taken more than 2000 hours in MFR, Craniosacral Therapy (CST), NeuroKinetic Therapy (NKT), Dermo-Neuro-Modulation (DNM), Myo-Skeletal Alignment, Structural-Visceral Manipulation, Neuromuscular Re-education, Energy Medicine, and Shamanism; along with anatomy, exercise physiology, kinesiology, injury evaluation, and related coursework at UCLA Extension, which I blend with my love of movement and the outdoors, for a whole mind-body approach to healing and moving through life.
• John F. Barnes Myofascial Release Approach (MFR), 2011 - 2014, (Advanced Therapist Status):
Myofascial Release I & II; Unwinding & Advanced Unwinding; Rebounding; Cervical Thoracic; Fascial Pelvis x2.
• Skill Enhancement Seminar - 5 clinic days; training with John Barnes and his physical therapists, 2014.
• Focus on Fascia seminars (FOF), Frances Nicolais, 2011 - 2013:
FOF I, II & III; Shoulder Girdle; Head, Neck & Sinus; TMJ conditions; Carpal Tunnel; Breast Care, Arthritis; Fibromyalgia; Scoliosis; Scar Tissue; Mobilization; Skin Rolling, Visceral Release for Digestion.
• Facial Connections & Internal Pelvic Release, Lori Zeltwanger, PT, 2013 & 2014.
Fascia related (Neuro, Muscular, Visceral, Lymph, etc):
• Lymphatic Mojo; Stop Chasing Pain - Perry Nickelston; 2018 & 2019.
• Visceral Manipulation 1: Fascial release for abdominal organs, The Barral Inst., 2022.
• Visceral Release for Digestion; Frances Nicolais, 2018 & 2019.
• Structural-Visceral Integration: Fascial manipulation for Low back, Pelvis, & Abdomen; Bruce Schonfeld, 2013.
• NeuroKinetic Therapy; David Weinstock, NKT L1 cert, 2016.
• DermoNeuroModulation (DNM); Diane Jacobs, PT, 2014 & 2015.
• Eric Dalton's Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques, w/ Paul Kelly, 2014.
• Myofascial Cupping, 2014.
• RockTape FMT Basics certification; 2016
• Kinesiology Taping; Gregory Hawthorne, ATC, 2015
• Integrated Neuromuscular Re-education - Muscle Energy and Positional Release; Theresa Schmidt, 2013.
• Deep Tissue Structural Integration certification; Garnet Dupuis, 2006.
• Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy, Body Intelligence school; 2-year program, 2016 - 2018.
• Upledger Craniosacral 1 & 2, 2018.
• Upledger CST for Small Animals 2018.
• Peirsman Craniosacral, Etienne Peirsman;
Basic, Unwinding, Sphenoid, Heart, 2019.
• Craniosacral fundamentals; Gloria Flores, 2011.
• Polarity Therapy; Cami & Mauro Zappaterra, 2016.
• Communication for Bodyworkers (Polarity); Tracy Griffiths, 2014.
• Energy Healing certification; Heather White, 2012.
• Various Anatomy, Physiology & Kinesiology course at UCLA extension; 2010-2012.
• Massage Therapy Core Curriculum; Massage School of Santa Monica, 1997.
Movement, Yoga and more...
• Gray Institute, GIFT Functional Movement Fellowship (FAFS), 40-weeks, 2021.
• Anatomy in Motion (AiM), Flow Motion Model, Gary Ward; Foot, Gait & Whole-body Movement assessment, 2019 & 2020.
• Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS), Ex1, 2018. Application workshop, 2019 & 2021.
• RockTape FMT Movement Specialist; 2019
• Fascial Fitness; Robert Schleip & Devo Muller, 2014.
• Psychology of Anatomy & Movement series (Rolfing derived); Russ Pfeiffer, 2013-2014.
• Yoga Tune Up® Teacher Training, Shoulder Immersion, and Roll Model Ball Training; 2013-2014.
Core Integration Immersion, and Breath and Bliss; 2019
• Yoga Teacher Training, 200hr; 2013.